Sunday 6 December 2009

Clothes make the man (or ogre)...

Forgive the poor quality of my pictures in this post, I didn't have my tripod and anyway, these are just progress pics.

What you see below is Billy's Dungaree's as expertly made by my mum and as weathered by myself. They are in fact hard to photograph well and look much better in reality:



A few points:

in the above pics the dungarees are very loosely hung over Bill's portly frame. They are not yet sewn onto him but they will have a lot more form when they are. Additionally his trouser legs are going to be tied at the ankles with a length of rope to conform better to his skinny little legs, and finally of course the dungaree straps are going over his shoulders and will clasp at the front.
I will give the dungarees a final layer of ageing (i.e fray them up, add specific splots of dirt/mud) and they should look awesome.

Note Bill's little teddy bear at his feet, (I've discovered the bear can nicely ride along in the pouch at the front).

Stay tuned for a look at my cardboard double bass...

- James

No comments:

Post a Comment