Sunday 22 November 2009

feedback and what i've been up to...

Regarding the real .vs. hand made trees… I think what anon. meant was that sticks look like small trees not that the trees we’ve made look too small. I think it might be good to use a combination of the two. As mentioned before, Steven brought in some drift wood that would fit in well with the setting of our animation, but then again if this in turn doesn’t fit with the overall materiality of the set then it might be best to stick with the hand made ones.

Give him a big hand...
That hand is awesome. Not sure how to do the joints though. I just looked over a book I’ve got on stop motion and I’m really not sure how they do it, it doesn't mention anything about it as far as I can see. I know that now days they use latex a lot more, which would solve that problem. I think it might just be a case of smoothing over the cracks when using plastacine.

Shoppin' for Fishin'...
I can’t think of anything else we might need at the moment.

2D trees for the background...
James mentioned the other day about the possablity of using 2D trees to create further depth in the background, so I’ve made a few to see how they go.


Heres a test model of bills head…


adam mentioned it might be hard to animate a big character like the current design, so heres another possible design for bill, let me know what you think?



At Uni on Wednesday (I think it was) me and James went skip diving for materials. One thing we found was a box made of really thin wood, which will be perfect for floor boards and wood panels in the cabin. I was thinking we could maybe just stick them on to a cardboard structure, as it would be easy to make. I might test this out on Monday, unless anyone had any other ideas for the cabin.

And finally, I don’t know if anyone’s checked evil as sin lately but there’s a camera and lighting tutorial on wed so it would be great if the bulk of the set was done by then, so that they can help us with lighting the set in specific.

25th november
level 2
2 groups
10 to 12
jm046
dslr workshop

--------------------

2nd december
level 2 and 3
1 group of puppeteers only
10 to 12
jm046
studio lighting workshop


~ Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment