Friday 13 November 2009

Hello whoever had left that post would you kindly leave your name at the bottom, this has been mentioned more then once in this blog already.

The trees for starts are not small, they are in proportion to the characters which will be six inches tall, if you walk into the stop motion room and pick up one of the cardboard characters and put them next to the tree, you will see they are in proportion and that there is a nice variety of shapes and sizes. Also swamp trees such as mangroves are thin and not big thick forest trees. Also if you look at the wire frame of the one I was making with me in the photo against my body size you can see its not small and once it has been built up it will appear larger and thicker.

Why haven't we used sticks and wood. Well if that had been suggested earlier we would have considered using more of such things, as it stands its cold and wet outside, and the trees are so big in the parks you cant reach to snap bits off. There is also the fact of the amount of wildlife we did not want to bring back. I'm sure wood worm, wooly bugs, and silver fish would not be appreciated in the animation room and I'm sure disinfectant would not be claimed back on the budget. Though I think the largest argument would be we all like making things, and all prefered making things from scratch to suit our needs perfectly then waisting hours in the cold then looking for that perfect branch.

If you go into the stop motion room you will see that Steven has sourced some dried wood we are using in the video. I apologise there are not photos of those on here but I can't document what everyones doing at once on here thats their own responsibility. Also we felt making these style trees meant are requirements are met to match it up with the animatic, you simply don't get mangroves and swamp trees growing outside the university. If we where making Robin Hood fair enough. I feel the trees made so far also show level of proffesionalism and effort.

If this does not answer your question whoever you maybe then I am willing to discuss further, but I feel I have said enough to prove the point. I would appreciate if other members of the group signed on and left their thoughts on this.

~Hayley Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment